Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity in all its forms is good for business. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workplace will help support our strategic vision of growth. An important part of the Firm’s DE&I framework is to be a “network of great people” who demonstrate experience in research, innovation, building client relationships and creating a diverse and inclusive environment.
Diverse perspectives can lead to better outcomes and a focus on greater diversity can attract a wider pool of potential employees. Employing individuals with wider perspectives and from a broader skills base will lead to a more dynamic, innovative, responsive organisation in touch with changes and developments in our working environment.
We are a global Firm with employees from over 30 nationalities. This breadth of representation gives us an understanding and appreciation of multiple cultures, languages and regions across all levels of our business. Many of our investment professionals originate from the markets in which they invest, while our locally-based, client-facing teams have a deep connection with their clients’ culture.
We believe hiring from such a diverse and inclusive pool of local talent culminates in the generation of a more comprehensive set of skills, ideas and perspectives which strengthens our teams, their decision making and level of productivity.
We participate in a number of internal and external ongoing initiatives and offer support and information to our employees to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion are understood and embedded across the firm.
- We have a Diversity Committee, along with a Women’s Network to complement our DE&I strategy. This is made up of individuals who are passionate about increasing awareness and driving strategic guidance to the Firm.
- We run regular internal lunch and learn sessions covering a range of topics such as addressing race, belonging, wellbeing and empowering women.
- Alex McKenna, Chief Operating Officer, EMEA & APAC is an ambassador for LGBT Great, as a Project 1000 Role Model - part of a 5-year drive to spotlight 1000 LGBT+ and supportive allies working in, or with, the buyside. We recently achieved the 2023 LGBT Great Financial Services Bronze Standard for the completion of the Inclusion Index Benchmark Tracker (iiBT) in 2022. To learn more about LGBT Great, please click here.
- We work with the European Leveraged Finance Association (ELFA) on events including their Career Day and the Diversity Partnership Fair. Our Head of European Research Senan Kiran is also Co-Chair of ELFA’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- We have a dedicated Ombudsperson available to support our team members on a confidential basis.
HM Treasury - Women in Finance Charter, UK
When we signed up to the Charter in September 2019, we declared that we had 40% representation of female employees in our senior management team versus our target of 45% for EMEA.
Overall our EMEA employees had 38% of females (as of 30 April 2019).
Since May 2019 to April 2022, our staff numbers have grown to 177 across EMEA and our female representation as a whole is sitting at 32%.
As of 30 April 2022, we had 45% female representation in our senior management team across our EMEA business, meeting the target we set ourselves to meet by April 2023.
We are now focused on rebalancing our Firmwide numbers to reach an overall female representation across the EMEA Firm of 35%, as well as maintaining our Senior Female Management number at 45% of our EMEA workforce.