Our responsible investment beliefs:
- Responsible investment is firmly aligned with our fiduciary duty as a manager of corporate credit
- Systematic integration of important environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors provides valuable insight into drivers of business risk and can contribute to better long-term risk-adjusted returns
- Constructive dialogue or engagement with companies in our investment universe helps us to actively identify, monitor and manage ESG and financial risks
- It is important to tailor specific responsible investment approaches to the different types of corporate credit in which we invest
- Working in partnership with investors enables us to offer innovative solutions to address both financial and non-financial investment objectives
To view Muzinich’s Responsible Investment Policy click here. Further details on our implementation of responsible investment and our controversial weapons policy are available on request
In 2019 Muzinich received the following assessment scores relating to our disclosures in the PRI’s annual reporting requirements. A detailed explanation of the PRI’s assessment methodology is available by clicking here.
The responsible investment landscape is evolving rapidly and we will continue to develop our firm-wide responsible investment process in an effort to position ourselves among the industry’s leading practitioners. Our immediate focus will be on further developing our approach to issuer ESG engagements, explicitly addressing climate risks and enhancing our ESG reporting to investors.
Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute investment, legal, tax, accounting or other advice. Past performance is not an indication of future performance. Diversification does not assure a profit or protect against loss. Investment process and objectives are subject to change. While ESG/Responsible Investment may be a consideration in Muzinich’s investment process, it may not be applied across all asset classes, funds, strategies and/or accounts. ‘ESG Best-in-class’ or ‘positive screening’ refers to an investment approach which involves restrictions on a chosen investment universe in order to select entities based on a ranking of their ESG practices. UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) Assessment Scores as of September 2019. For more information on the PRI, PRI Assessment, ELFA and UN Global Compact please click here.